TransPharm Preclinical Solutions offer numerous types of studies for testing antibiotics, antivirals, antifungals, antiparasitics, as well as newer therapies using antibodies.
Acute infection models are used to screen compounds for antimicrobial activity in rodents and rapidly identify the most promising compounds. Some of the most useful studies are identified below, with more available upon request.
- Abscess model
- Bio-film model
- Chagas disease model
- Dermal models
- Deep wound
- Tape stripping
- Gastrointestinal model
- Intracranial model
- Intravaginal model
- Otitis media model
- Peritonitis model
- Pulmonary infection model
- Soft tissue model
- Systemic infection models
- Urinary tract infection model
These studies involve highly specialized techniques and can be used in multiple therapy areas.
- Cecal Ligation and Puncture (CLP) model
- Cecal Ligation and Osmotic Pump (CLOP) model
- Colon Ascendens Stent Peritonitis (CASP) model
- Osteomyelitis models (non-surgical)
- Exposure/Activity Studies PK/PD
- These more involved studies correlate the levels of drug exposure to the number of microbial pathogens in vivo. All studies are available with drug exposure.
- Infected and non-infected blood/tissue PK (i.e. Brain, lung, soft tissue, and bone)
- Dose fractionation studies
- Single- and multiple-dose PK studies
- in vitro PK/PD analysis
- Time course studies using any of the available models
TransPharm’s scientists have skill sets which cover a broad range of Research and Development, and we have also formed many strategic alliances along the Biotechnology Corridor. Our internal expertise and external collaborations allow us to offer a wide variety of additional services upon request.
- Bioanalytical analysis
- Cell culture
- Checkerboard analysis
- Histology services
- in vitro MIC testing
- in vivo model development
- Tissue harvest
In partnership with the Southwest Michigan Innovation Center, TransPharm provides assay development or adopts existing methods to provide LC-MS/MS quantitative analysis of compounds in serum, plasma, and tissue. Combine our services to speed up your data delivery.