Transpharm Preclinical Solutions offer numerous types of studies for testing antimicrobials, antivirals, antifungals, antiparasitics, along with newer therapies using antibodies:
Acute infection models used to screen compounds for antimicrobial activity in rodents and rapidly identify the most promising compounds. Some of the most useful studies are identified below with many more available.
- Peritonitis models
- Bacteremia models
- Soft tissue thigh models
- Lung infection models
- Bio-film models
- Meningitis mouse model
- Skin infections (Tape stripping and Intradermal)
- Clostridium difficile mouse model
- Trypanosoma cruzi mouse model (Chagas disease)
These studies involve highly specialized techniques and can be used in multiple therapy areas.
- Non-Surgical model of Rat Osteomyelitis
- Cecal Ligation and Puncture (CLP)
- Colon Ascendens Stent Peritonitis (CASP)
- Cecal Ligation and Osmotic Pump (CLOP)
- Exposure/Activity Studies PK/PD
- These more involved studies correlate the levels of drug exposure to the decrease in the number of microbial pathogens in vivo. All studies are available with drug exposure.
- Infected and non-infected Blood/tissue PK i.e. Brain, lung, soft tissue and bone.
- Dose fractionation studies
- Single and multiple dose PK studies
- In vitro PK/PD analysis
- Time course samples from any of the models available
Other services provided
TransPharm’s scientists’ skill set covers a broad range of Research and Development. This allows us to offer numerous services upon request. We have many strategic alliances along the Biotechnology Corridor which allows us to offer a wide variety of services.
- In vivo model development
- Checkerboard analysis
- In vitro MIC testing
- Full service tissue harvest and cell culture capabilities
- Histology services
- Bioanalytical analysis
In collaboration with the Southwest Michigan Innovation Center, TransPharm provides assay development or adopts existing methods to provide LC-MS/MS quantitative analysis of compounds in serum, plasma, and tissue. Combine our services to speed your data delivery.